It's a well-known fact that videos have large file sizes. The approximate size of each frame is 5MB and each second of video stores 30 frames. Large video files have several disadvantages. Uploading a video takes a long time if the file is too big. It also complicates the delivery of online videos. More importantly, large video files take up a lot of disk space and slow down your computer's performance. So this article explains howCompress a video on Mac.
Compress a video on Mac
- Part 1. Compress Video on Mac Online Free
- Part 2. Compress Videos on Mac with Video Compressor Software
- Part 3. Frequently Asked Questions About Video Compression on Mac
Part 1. Compress Video on Mac Online Free
Way 1 - The easiest way to compress videos on Mac online
The biggest concern is the cumbersome workflow involved in creating a smaller video file.AnyMP4 Online-Videokompressorhelp you simplify the process. Even better, you don't have to install anything on your drive.
AnyMP4 Online Video Compressor - Best online video reducer for Mac
- 1. Compress video files online for free without registration.
- 2. No watermark, file size or other limitations.
- 3. Supports all major video formats.
- 4. Keep the video quality as much as possible.
How to compress a video on Mac online
Step 1: Visithttps://www.anymp4.com/compresor-de-video-en-linea/in your browser when you need to create a video of less MB. Click on thatStart the free compressorButton to download the launcher.
step 2: When prompted, upload the large video file from your Mac. You will then see the video reduction window. Move the slider next toSizeand shrink the file. then adjustformat, resolution,milittle taxabased on your need.
level 3: Click NoCompressesbutton to start compression. After that, download the small file.
Way 2: How to Reduce Video Size on Mac with FreeConvert
FreeConvert offers an online video compressor. With it, you can reduce the size of videos up to 1GB for free. You can also upload videos from disks, cloud services, and URLs. To handle large videos, sign up and buy a plan.
Step 1: Go to https://www.freeconvert.com/video-compressor in a browser.
step 2: Cliquechoose filesButton to load video files. Click on thatGangicon and reset the file size.
level 3: Beat thecompress nowButton to shrink video files on Mac online. Then download the result.
Way 3: How to Reduce Video Size on Mac by Clideo
Clideo is a popular online video editor. It also includes the ability to reduce the size of a Mac video up to 500MB at a time for free. However, a watermark will be added to the result if you use free accounts.
Step 1: Open https://clideo.com/compress-video in a browser. Click on thatChoose fileButton to upload a video from Mac.
step 2- Online video reducer compresses video after uploading. Then you show the result.
level 3: Then click theDisposeButton to get the video or upload it to the cloud service.
Way 4: How to Reduce Video Size on Mac via CompressVideo
As the name suggests, CompressVideo is an online video compressor for Mac. There is no payment or subscription option, although it can only compress a video up to 500MB at a time. This app is a good choice for beginners.
Step 1: Visit https://www.compressvideo.io/ in any browser.
step 2: Click NoNavigateButton to upload a video from MacCarryButton to decrease file size.
level 3: Finally, download the video file to your computer.
Part 2. Compress Videos on Mac with Video Compressor Software
Way 1 - The ultimate way to compress videos on Mac
AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate for Macis a powerful video compression tool. In addition to the basic video editing features, you can quickly trim hundreds of videos with advanced technology. Also, it offers the easy way to reduce the size of a video.
AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate for Mac - Best Video Reducer
- 1.Compress video files in one click.
- 2. Equip hardware acceleration to improve performance.
- 3. Automatically improve video and audio quality.
- 4. Support almost all video formats like MOV, MP4, etc.
How to shrink videos on Mac
Step 1: Add videos
Run the best video shrink software after installing it on your Mactoolboxon the top band and selectVideo compressor.
Step 2: Resize videos
click no+, locate, select and open the large video file on your drive. Alternatively, you can drag and drop a video to the main interface to add it. You can then adjust the size, format and resolution of the video.
Step 3 - Export small videos
to squeezePastaand select an output folder to save the smaller video file. hit theAdvertisementbutton to check the result. When you are satisfied, click the buttonCompressesand then the Video Reducer will do the rest of the work.
By the way, you can also use this video compressor to do thatReduce video file size in Windows.
Way 2: How to Compress Videos on Mac with iMovie
iMovie is the built-in video editor on Mac. You can compress a video on Mac with iMovie by adjusting the quality. The lower the quality of the video, the smaller the file size. We share the basic steps below.
Step 1: Create a new project in iMovie, click on itimport mediaButton to open the large video.
step 2: Edit the video as you like. Then clickSpliticon and selectionarchive.
level 3: downscaleQualityclick optionsNextand follow the instructions to compress videos on Mac.
Way 3: How to Compress Videos on Mac in QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is the pre-installed media player for Mac and also offers many additional functions, such as screen recording. Of course, you can reduce the size of a video file by resizing the images.
Step 1: Locate the large video, right-click it and open it with QuickTime Player.
step 2: Step 2: After uploading the video, go toarchiveselect menuexport asand choose a lower resolution. The video file also becomes smaller.
Way 4: How to Compress Videos on Mac with HandBrake
HandBrake is an open source video converter. Also, you can customize video format, codec and resolution to compress file size on Mac computer without paying a dime.
Step 1: Start Video Reducer, go toOpen Sourcemenu and open a large video file. Click on thatNavigateand choose an output folder.
step 2: Make sure you select MP4 or a relative format inFormatpossibility oneSummaryEyelash. then go toVideotab, selectH.264VonVideo-Encoder. Also lower the quality.
level 3: Click NoBeginButton to start compressing videos on Mac.
Part 3. Frequently Asked Questions About Video Compression on Mac
How to shrink an MP4 file on Mac?
With a video compression application, you cancompress mp4 filesand create other smaller video files.
Can I resize a video in QuickTime?
Yes, you can change video resolution and size when exporting video in QuickTime Player.
How to Compress Video for Email on Mac?
The video compression apps shared above can help you compress videos for email on Mac.
Now you must master at least 8 best ways to compress a video on Mac. Web-based video compression applications are portable methods of producing smaller file sizes. However, desktop software is more stable. AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is capable of resizing videos without quality loss easily and quickly. If you have any other questions, please write below.
- Open QuickTime.
- Click File> Open File to load video.
- Click File > Export As. Choose the required resolution from the list.
- Choose location to save the compressed video and select Save.
- Open your video file in QuickTime.
- Go to File > Export As.
- Select 1080p.
- Use the dropdown to pick Greater Compatibility (H. 264)
- Click Save.
Open QuickTime on your Mac. Navigate to the folder that contains the video you want to compress, select the video, and hit Open. Click on File in the menu bar, select Export As, and choose your preferred output video resolution from the available options.How do I reduce file size but keep resolution? ›
- Use the WordPress Library to Resize Images. ...
- Use A WordPress Plugin to Resize Images. ...
- Use a Desktop App to Resize Images. ...
- Use an Online Platform to Resize Images. ...
- Use Design Software to Resize Your Images.
Note: When compressed, the PDF may be of lower quality than the original. In the Preview app on your Mac, open the PDF you want to compress. Choose File > Export. (Don't choose Export as PDF.)How do I compress and reduce file size on Mac? ›
- Navigate to the file in the Finder.
- Control-click on it and choose Compress.
- Wait for the file to be compressed.
- You will see a new version of the file with the extension '. zip. '
- Upload the video you want to compress. To get started, navigate yourself over to Clideo's Video Compressor tool. ...
- Compress the file. ...
- Save your new smaller video.
- Launch iMovie on your Mac. Import the video you want to compress and drag it the timeline.
- To export the video, click File > Share > Email and choose Small to decrease the file size. ...
- iMovie will show the estimated file size of the video.
- Launch up QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Press File on the top menu bar to find Import. ...
- Navigate to the menu bar and choose File again. ...
- From the 5 options (4K, 1080P, 720P, 480P, and audio only), select the one that is lower than the original resolution.
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change.
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.”
- Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field. The new size is shown at the bottom.